Ashtabula County has a proud heritage of agriculture, and that heritage continues for our growers today. Growers are a key component in a successful local food system, and many of our projects are aimed at improving market access for growers and consumers.
In 2016, we will:
- Continue to update the Local Food Guide.
- Host “Grower News” – a central listing for growers to post about crop sales, special events, and more!
- Support cooperative marketing efforts for Ashtabula County Farmers Markets
- Begin the Food Hub feasibility study
- Host grower networking and learning events
- Support Geneva Farmers Market
- Conduct a collaborative marketing survey